To keep your jewelry gleaming, it's important to show it some love. Here are some simple tips on how to take care of your pieces and to keep your jewelry in excellent condition.
- Jewelry naturally develops a darker patina over time due to oxidation. It is a completely normal and natural reaction known as tarnish. To slow down the process, remove your jewelry before showering and intense workouts as moisture and sweat accelerate oxidation (silver reacts to moisture and chemicals in the air such as Sulphur, as it does to chemicals and moisture on our skin from lotions and perfumes).
- Chemicals like chlorine and salt can damage silver so avoid wearing while swimming. Always remove necklaces before sleeping and avoid storing in humid environments such as the bathroom.
- Jewelry remains at its shiny best when worn daily or kept in a dry, air-tight box or bag. To clean any tarnishing, simply polish with a soft cloth to regain a silver finish. Regular use of a silver cloth removes light tarnish and inhibits re-tarnishing, prolonging the original sparkle of your silver. If you don't have a silver cloth to hand a microfiber cloth is ideal.
- To keep matte finishes clean, wash gently with warm, soapy water. Make sure it is fully dry before returning to its box or airtight bag for storage. Avoid over using a polishing cloth as it may remove the matte finish (if needed, just rub lightly or use a microfiber cloth). Matt/matte finishes are a surface treatment so they will naturally fade with wear (becoming more shiny over time).
- If you don't have a jewelry box, we advise you to keep your jewelry in the box it came in or inside a zip lock bag or air tight container. Add in any silica gel packs you have (often found in shoe boxes and vitamin jars) known as desiccants, they absorb moisture so will help prevent and slow tarnish.
- Our jewelry is made of High Quality Alloy 925 Silver and Gold Plated Hypoallergenic Sterling Materials. 💍
- We create ethical and sustainable jewelry. We always strive to improve where we can. As much as possible we avoid harsh chemicals in jewelry making processes. We always opt for safer and free alternatives.